Sunday, December 28, 2008

Baked Lemon Thyme Salmon


Baked Lemon Thyme Salmon

We still had some really nice stuff in the fridge from Christmas and I wasn't about to let it go to waste. I was, however, feeling a bit lazy. I enjoy cooking, but I did quite a lot of it over the past few days so I needed a recipe that was a no-brainer.

My Mom bakes whole salmon by simply seasoning it with salt and pepper and slathering the cleaned out cavity of the salmon with mayonnaise and topping it with lemon slices. The mayo always keeps the fish moist. Throw it in a 350 degree oven and forget about it for a half hour to forty five minutes or so depending on the size. Tip: the only mayo to use in my opinion is Bestfoods also known as Hellman's mayo east of the Rockies.

Instead of a whole salmon, I had some salmon fillet that got the same treatment with the addition of fresh thyme (just because it was there). I baked it at 350 for about 12 minutes and it was done perfectly.

Let's see, what else do we have in the fridge? Some pasta with olive oil, spinach, olives, tomato and fresh garlic? Guess that'll do.

No comments: