Saturday, November 1, 2008

Coastal Vacation

I took a short break from posting over the last couple of weeks because my Folks came to town for a visit. Part of their stay with us included a road trip up the coast with overnight stops in Solvang and Pismo Beach. Needless to say, we ate our way all the way up the coast and back leaving many a cleaned plate along the way. We also hit every farmers market we came across to check out what the locals were growing and eating.


San Luis Obispo Farmers Market




Rainbow Peppers at the SLO Farmers Market


Future Jack-o-lanterns?


Mom and Dad are both doing fine. In addition to everything else I have to thank them for, I have to thank them for passing on to me my foodie interests, love of cooking, and an appreciation for all things edible. My family has always known how to enjoy good food but more importantly, recognized the way food brings and keeps us all together. Their (and by association, my) tastes range from five star white tablecloth to roadside cheap to good old home cooked. One thing is for certain, food, no matter what it's pedigree (or lack thereof) never gets taken for granted and is always enjoyed. Our days typically went something like this: Wake up and rustle up breakfast. During breakfast, discuss where to have lunch. At lunch, start planning dinner. Go to sleep, wake up and repeat. Nothin' wrong with that except the fact that we ran out of days!

1 comment: